How to Protect Yourself Against Travel Scams In Himachal Pradesh
Travel Scams are increasing day by day. Nowadays, the Internet has made online booking simple. As your Ideas of vacation take shape to remember to be cautious while making online reservations. The numbers of fake travel agencies are growing to scam customers.
Himachal is a hospitable and peaceful state. The people are helpful and friendly here. It is a land which is bestowed with nature and best picturesque locations. Himachal has intense tourism potential. It becomes necessary for Himachal to analyze the needs, perceptions, preferences, and satisfaction of the customers or tourists. Tourists believe that Himachal has the potential to become one of the world’s top tourist destinations.
Learn what to do what not to do while booking or going on a trip to your dream destination.
1. Don’t book your package with the agent or unregistered company. Book your trip from the registered company which is authorized from Himachal Tourism. As there are many phony Travel Booking Websites which are ready to scam the customers.
2. Beware of fake commitments provided by the travel agencies. Like time duration of the trip, more sightseeing in fewer days. Always compare the costs and packages from other travel agencies too. Don’t go for lower costs it can be a scam. Have a research and try to get an idea of how much will it cost.
3. Always use a credit card instead of debit card. In case the company is a fraud they won’t have direct access to your bank account.
4. When you make online reservations always call the company to confirm. If there is no record of your reservation it is better to know sooner than later. You can alert your credit card company and report the fraud. You can still have time to book reservations with the real deal.
5. Directly don’t book a cab or hotels from online platforms. Always go for a local driver, cab, or hotels provided by your travel agency. Some drivers are honest while drivers are dishonest.
6. Some will claim higher fare, so always have knowledge about correct fare to your destination. Sometimes taxi drivers will often offer a reduced fare if tourists agree to stop at an expensive handicraft emporium so that they can get commissions. If you want to reach your destination properly then give this offer a miss and pay the full taxi fare.
7. Don’t encourage beggars. It can be disheartening to see a mother with sleepy baby begging. These babies are often rented are ready to scam tourists.
8. Keep your cash divided into different pockets. Don’t leave cash in your vehicle or in hotel rooms. Keep your cash or valuables in hotel lockers/safe deposit vaults wherever available.
9. Beware of fake news on social media platforms regarding weather and other mishappenings.
10. Know your travel agency’s address. Always check the company status on Google and reviews while booking. Don’t credit your cash is someone’s personal account always go for the company’s current account.
Being a Himachali it is disheartening to hear the bad experiences of the tourists. So it is an initiative for the tourists or visitors to add their experiences. They have faced while travelling to Himachal. Contact us and share your experience so that we can help out other visitors or tourists whoever are interested in travelling to Himachal.
The exciting promotional offers, tours, and itineraries that are tailored to the client’s comfort, requirements, and budget complement the exceptional service and great client satisfaction.