Himachal Pradesh defines itself to nature’s heaven on earth. Make the best of your holidays traveling to various unexplored and exciting destinations such as Shimla, Kullu, Manali, Kinnaur, Dharamshala, Dalhousie with specially planned Himachal holiday packages. Here check out the Infographic showing Himachal Tour Packages From Your Doorstep by Himalayan Trips.
My name is Sandeep Pawar. I am from Mumbai Maharashtra. I have traveled with Himalayan Trips in November 2018 and booked a Family tour package to Himachal. The package included Shimla, Manali, Dharamshala, and Dalhousie.
Shimla: Whenever the name of Himachal arrives, Shimla is the first thing that cherishes. People living in plane areas especially visit this place in summer. Shimla is a place where you’ll feel fresh cold and breathe fresh air. The mall road is famous where most tourists spend their time. It is located at the top of Shimla where you can have a look at Jakhoo Temple easily. Another famous attraction is the Indian Institute of Advanced Studies and Kufri where people prefer to visit.
Manali: It is another beautiful hill station in Himachal Pradesh. It was really fun visiting Manali. Situated on a hilltop and you can see mountains nearby. The local temple is a must-visit. Natural Beauty is the best there. Solang valley is a wonderful place to visit in Manali.
Dharamshala: It is a quite silent and peaceful place. The international cricket ground is located at the top of the mountain which is a must-visit. It is known for the Buddha temple, falls, view of ice-capped mountains, art and craft, and Buddhist monks. The hotel facility was good. Even in Dharamsala, we were late still they have waited, and for us and given us dinner in a very nice manner.
Dalhousie: Dalhousie to Delhi trip was not convenient for anybody. So if possible we can alter the trip for 6 to 7 hrs. A journey like stay nearby Delhi. Or we have to book the train tickets at Chandigarh or Amritsar.
This place truly justifies its location. It has maintained its raw and untouched natural beauty. The tranquility and peace of the place will mesmerize you. We went to KHAJJIHAR which is known as “Mini Switzerland” of India. There is provision for paragliding, horse riding etc. Dalhousie is advisable for nature lovers and trekkers.
The trip was planned with scrupulous planning. They tried to incorporate all the customization’s we had asked for that too at a rate less than our budget for the Family tour package. Thanks to the team at Himalayan Trips especially Ajinkya (our travel consultant) and Sheena. The driver Gurprit was very cooperative throughout the trip. And let us enjoy the trip. The trip was memorable. And you have made it possible.
Dalhousie is a pristine, yet beautiful hill town on the Dhauladhar Range of Himalayas. It is nestled in the middle of green pine and oak trees in Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh. Dalhousie is one peaceful town in India that has sealed its natural beauty, as well as its vintage charm. There are many places to visit in and for every type of traveler.
- Distance from Dalhousie: 22 km
- Ideal for: Picnic, relaxation, horse riding, forest trekking
- Elevation: 2,000 m
- Distance from Dalhousie: 10 km
- Ideal for: Trekking, camping, picnic
- Elevation: 2,745 m
- Distance from Dalhousie: 6 km
- Ideal for: Birdwatching, bird photography, Jungle Safari, trekking
4. St. Francis Catholic Church:St. Francis Catholic Church was established in the year 1894. This splendid church has European architecture and décor. The church is a popular place of worship and a major tourist attraction. Its distinguishing charm is the reason it is counted among the eminent tourist places in Dalhousie.
- Ideal for: Art lovers, History lovers
5. Panchpula: The lifeline of DalhousiePanchpula is famous for its small yet eye-catching waterfalls. It is also famous for the samadhi of the great freedom fighter Sardar Ajit Singh and its radiant streams. These streams are the main source of water supply to the nearby villages and town.
- Ideal for: Trekking, couples
- Distance from Dalhousie: 5 km
- Ideal for: Trekking, camping, picnic
7. Satdhara Falls: The water that heals…Satdhara Falls is located on the Panchpula route. It is a great example of nature’s artwork. The water in these falls is said to have healing and medicinal properties. It is a blend of seven streams is a great spot for rejuvenation and relaxation.
- Ideal for: Trekking, picnic, taking a healing dip, rejuvenation,
- Elevation: 2036 m
A trip to Dalhousie is known for its natural beauty and pleasant climate. It is one of the famous hill stations in Himachal Pradesh. It is located in the district of Chamba at an altitude of 2000 meters. Dalhousie is surrounded by stunning snow-capped mountains. It is named after its founder Lord Dalhousie. He was the British Governor-General in India. This hill station will take you back in time with its Scottish architecture, several Victorian-style mansions, and other charming colonial buildings. The place also has a few appealing churches. A trip to Dalhousie includes 5 hills named Tehra, Patreyn, Balun, Bakrota, and Kathlog. It is spread over an area of 14 sq km. It is a popular destination for honeymooners. The sweet-scented oaks, rhododendron, pines, and oaks along with several other types of trees cover the slopes of the mountains. A trip to Dalhousie also offers you the stunning view of the magnificent snow-capped Pir Panjal mountain range. It is located in Jammu and Kashmir, Chamba’s Pangi and Sach Pass. This captivating hill station has several places to visit in Dalhousie. Like Dainkund peak, Bakrota Hills, Lohali village, Kalatop, and Tibetan market. Dalhousie is an ideal place for people who want to distress and relax. Visit Dalhousie in summer. It is the best time to visit Dalhousie. It is between April and September. Summer in Dalhousie is mild and pleasant. Dalhousie temperature in winters is chilly. There the temperature dips to its freezing point.