Sunder NagarSunder Nagar is located in Mandi district and is a Municipal Council. Previously it was a princely state, known as Suket. The Sunder Nager is a blend of Himachalis and Punjabis people. The main tourist attraction in Sunder Nagar is its lake. Lots of government colleges are open there. It has emerged in an educational hub.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row height=”small”][vc_column][us_image_slider ids=”9518,9519,9522,9521,9520,9517,9524″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row height=”small”][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Places of Interest around Sunder Nagar
- Mahamaya Temple: Mahamaya temple is located on the top of the hill. You can view the city beautiful from the top of the hill.
- Murari Devi Temple: Murari Devi Temple is at an altitude of 7000ft above the sea level. It is considered that the temple was made by Pandavas.
- Shukdev Vatika: It is believed that sage Shukdev meditated at this place. The temple is located at Bhakra Beas Management Board.
- Sheetla Mata Temple: This is the temple devoted to Maa Sheetla and is located on the bank of BSL lake.
- Rewalsar: It is located 30 km from Sundernager. There is a lot of Tibetan temples, a small zoo and boating facilities at the lake.
- Lake Reservoir: It is basically the reservoir of the BSL Project. Lake Reservoir is blessed with a cool breeze with a panoramic view and is located at the heart of the town.
How to reach
- By Air: The nearest airport is Bhuntar which is 80km from Sunder Nagar.
- By Road: It is well connected by road to other places and is 25kms from Mandi. The bus stand is above an open field.
- By Train: The nearest railway station (narrow gauge) is Joginder Nagar which is 80km from Sunder Nagar. The nearest broad gauge is at Pathankot which is 210 km from Sunder Nagar.